Here are five helpful tips to help you save money on your monthly energy bill (especially during tax and allergy season), reduce costly repairs and extend the lifetime of your heating and cooling equipment.
Reduce your electric usage 15% by performing maintenance on your heating and cooling system(s). Your system equipment operates more efficiently (uses less energy) when it’s properly cleaned and maintained to manufacturer’s specifications. This is like your car’s regular tune ups. Your heating and cooling equipment needs similar care to operate safely and efficiently.
- “Maintain your equipment to prevent future problems and unwanted costs. Improperly operating connections are a fire hazard and can contribute to health problems. It’s best to have a Technician check the cooling system in the spring and the heating system in the fall.” energystar.gov
Stop heating 40-75 gallons of water every day in your tank water heater. Install a 95% energy efficiency smart tech water heater which tracks your water usage, provides hot water when you need it, reduces your energy bill and can double the lifespan of your water heating equipment (reducing costly replacements).
- “Water Heaters are the 2nd highest energy user in the home” energystar.gov
Save 25-50% off your electric bill by installing a high-efficiency heat pump system and letting it run continuously. Set it and forget it – heat pump systems run most efficiently by maintaining a temperature.
- “Ductless heating & cooling – Cut cooling costs by 30% compared to conventional room air conditioners. Cut heating costs in half compared to conventional electric heating systems.” energystar.gov
Reduce costly repairs from wear and tear on your furnace and improve indoor air quality by changing filters regularly and using a thicker, 4″ media filter.
- “A dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to early failure.” energystar.gov
Did you know? You can install a 98% efficient, variable speed, natural gas furnace and save up to 20% off your natural gas bill.
- “These furnaces are designed to provide the best comfort for the least energy with the associated thermostat, controller, or application.” energystar.gov
You can save money right away with simple filter changes, preventative maintenance and by replacing your heating and cooling equipment with state of the art, high efficiency options. It’s easier and more affordable than you think. There are many utility and manufacturer’s rebates available for high efficiency upgrades. Visit our Special’s page to see how you can save even more. Want or need to replace or upgrade your equipment? Marshall’s offers financing options as low as $50 per month on approved credit.
Questions? Call us or send us a chat message and let us know how we can help you!